That's right, folks! I am a WINNER! I won a poetry contest sponsored by LOCCAL, the League of Citizens Concerned About Literature. So I am literally a winner! (ha)
This week I received my winnings: a $30 check and a very cool set of laminated hygiene poems! (The promise of these poems was why I entered the contest in the first place.) Does this count as being published? The last time I was published was in 8th grade in the Omaha Public Schools district-wide arts magazine, The Totem. That poem was called 'Little Sister'. I shall try to find it so I can post it someday.
The cool thing is, my poem was included in the laminated set and it has these cool graphics with it. The rats make me think of the middle ages and bubonic plague and all sorts of grossities (that is a family word for a collection of gross things).
Go here to see the background on the contest and then, 'enjoy' my poem:
YOU MAKE ME SICK
I know you didn't
Wash your hands
I heard the toilet flush
But I didn’t hear the
Faucet
And then
You opened
My kitchen cupboard
Pulled out a glass
And opened my freezer
And grabbed some ice.
Friday, March 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment