As many of you know, last week was my birthday. I turned forty-one. Really not a big deal.
As many of you also know, I have gray hair. It is what they call prematurely gray. I had a few gray hairs when I was 16, except no one could see them because I was blonde. This was not a surprise to me as my mom and grandfather both had prematurely gray hair.
I have never dyed my hair because: 1) I knew the gray was inevitable 2) I would rather spend my money on other things 3) I liked it and it seems other did, too. In fact, it's the one thing I get compliments on (not that I'm vain or anything) 4) it was a nod to my genes.
Are you wondering where I'm going with this? Well, here it is: Last week, within 4 days of my birthday, I was the recipient of two, yes two, separate insults related to my age!
Last week, as a treat for my family, I went to this little cookie shop called Eileen's. They have very yummy items, but especially enticing were these little frosted sugar cookies decorated for Halloween. I bought two witches and two spiders. When the 'lady' was ringing me up, in amongst all the other small talk, she said, "Oh, you must be buying these for your grandchildren!"
What I said, while searching for my billfold and being simultaneously shocked, was, "Heh, heh. Yeah."
What I should have said was "BIIIIIIAAAAAATCH!!!!!!!"
Again, last week, I went shopping at the craft/hobby store Michael's. The Youth Group is doing a Halloween Party for the little kids at church, and I needed several supplies. After tooling around the store and getting all my items, I was ready to check out. Before giving me my total the 'YOUNG lady (high school age) said, "Do you get the Senior Discount?" What the f***!?!
"No. I'm only 41.", was my reply. I didn't even care that I was making her squirm or that she was blushing.
What I should have said was, "F*** NO, BIATCH! I'm only 41!
Like I said, I am starting to take this personally.
Friday, October 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
people are dum!
Post a Comment