Yesterday on NPR they said that James Frey and his publisher will be refunding anyone who bought his "MEMOIR", Million Little Pieces.
If you bought the hardcover you can send in page 163, if you bought the paperback you can send in the front cover and the publisher will refund your purchase price.
Send 'em in, folks! Make this lying cheat give back all his ill-gotten gain.
Read about it here or listen to the NPR story.
For some history on this story see Bladio Blogio and read her posts from January 24th and 26th.
Friday, September 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Okay--that is weird--page 163? is that one of the scribbly pages?
i borrowed it---this settlement seems to discriminate against library users...hmmm
man--page 163 is a real page (I should have listened to npr first)--so now you have been defrauded and you mess up the book--just in case someone wants to borrow it and read it instead of giving more $ on the book
From what I understand, 163 was just a random selection. I suppose they had to be specific or you could tear out each page and send it in for a refund. I guess they didn't want to get scammed. One scam was enough!
Post a Comment