Wednesday, September 06, 2006

May I Recommend?




I find these household products helpful and thought you might, too.

First of ALL (ha ha) is this new laundry soap which is super concentrated. So, this nice small bottle washes as much laundry as one of those big ones. What took so long for such a great idea? Easier to purchase and haul home. Less plastic used to make the bottle. Less plastic to be recycled. Less water used in actually making the product. Hey, we ALL win with this product!

My family prefers the 'free' version due to sensitive skin and noses, but the original smells quite nice.


Secondly, we have the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. This product saved my sanity. About three years ago we remodeled our bathroom and had a new tub installed. It has a bumpy 'non-slip' surface on the bottom. The daily shower spray cleaner worked fine on the walls, but I could NOT get the bumpy bottom clean. I cannot explain how frustrating it was to have a brand new tub and not be able to get it clean! The maunfacturer recommended some obscure powder cleaner that I could not find anywhere in town.

Well, guess what? The magic eraser works! Praise BE! I just let some 'Fantastic' sit on the surface for a couple of minutes and then scrub the grime away.

Now, last but definitely not least, is Glad's Press'n'Seal. I will never buy regular plastic wrap again. This always sticks to anything! It works great in the microwave. It can be re-used (i.e. microwave something, take it off, stir, put it back on, microwave again). That never happens with regualr plastic wrap. It also works great for wrapping sandwiches. I have even used it to wrap things like watermelon slices when I've run out of 'Ziplocs'. No watermelon juice dripping down the refrigerator shelves. It IS more expensive, but it's worth it to me.

By the way, I was not paid in any way to promote these products. If someone WANTS to pay me, though, I'll certainly consider it.

3 comments:

bladio said...

i love press-n-seal and magic eraser!

the meredoerr said...

I have see the magic eraser before and have been curious yet skeptical. Glad to know it can do wonders!

kww said...

hmmm...okay all we will try them all