Monday, August 14, 2006

Rocky Mountain High






My family just spent a week in Estes Park visiting my parents. It is so beautiful there! The scenery is awesome and the air is so much drier and cooler than the steam bath enveloping the plains where we live. M & J like to take their bikes and scooters because my parents live on a dead end and there's no traffic. We also went on a few hikes and Jon played golf one day.

Other things we like to do include going to watch the glassblower, getting chocolate covered strawberries at Laura's Fudge Shop, browsing McDonald's Book Shop and Paperterie, eating at The Dunraven, having a beer and/or reading on the balcony, going to the library, playing 'Sorry' with Granny, and jumping on the beds in the downstairs bedroom.

Everytime we leave there I don't want to. I mull over in my mind how we could move there. The thing is we could never afford anything bigger than a little rustic cabin! (and pay for college for the girls, anyway)
When we leave we always turn around and wave goodbye to the mountains when we get to Greeley. That's about the time the John Denver CD is done. :-(

4 comments:

bladio said...

Beautiful pics! I wish we could have been there with you. :s

Anonymous said...

Me too!
We really missed you a LOT! The only thing I kept thinking was that we'll ALL get to be there at Thanksgiving! (And somebody's birthday, I'm not saying who.)

kww said...

Oooh, that looks (and sounds) so amazingly lovely! What a fantastic fantastic time. But, PLEASE don't move there--you are our bestest friends in Omaha! And don't forget Simon. Simon is often heard describing how he will see Maddie and Jamie EVERY day, for real, for serious.

Anonymous said...

No worries about that! For many practical reasons. :-)