Monday, July 31, 2006

Ironic Diagnosis

Ok, so I finally went to the doctor.
Turns out if you have back pain in the area between your shoulder blades, it could possibly be gastric reflux. She started me on some medicine and if it doesn't help I'm supposed to go back for more tests.
She also tested my blood for anemia and thyroid and diabetes since I told her I was always fatigued.
So, here it is day four on the medicine and already I feel a little better! Seems to be reflux. However, I am also mildly anemic (meaning that it could be fixed by taking multi-vitamins). But, the reason I wasn't taking my multi-vitamins is because the iron in them was bothering my stomach! How IRON-ic!!!!!!!!
So, now my only concern is that my iron supplement and my reflux medicine will be duking it out inside my tum-tum. I haven't taken the supplement yet due to these concerns.
Any advice out there?

5 comments:

kww said...

I enjoy warm milk in the evenings and find that it helps my acid reflux--but I don't know if it would help dueling meds.

I am glad you are feeling better on Day 4--I hope you feel A LOT better soon!

la Ketch said...

eat lots and lots of iron rich foods instead. like beets and red meat and green veggies!

kww said...

Paula Deen makes excellent collard greens.
Boil a ham hock in water with a stick of butter, until the ham falls off the bone--remove bone and throw in the collards. Heat those for almost 2 hours and oooh boy is it yummy! Don't forget to season with salt, pepper and hot sauce, ooh yeah, it is good.

bladio said...

what if you take all the separate vitamins (except iron) instead of multi? and then, what la ketch and kww said.

i'm glad you're feeling better.

momster said...

Thanks for your help, everyone! I'll keep you posted.