Thursday, June 15, 2006

It Didn't Stink

Hey everyone.
I didn't die in Mississippi. In fact, I ended up going to New Orleans. And it didn't stink like I thought it would. (Just moldy.) It was a really good trip. And even though it was a while ago, I still think about it every day.
So, here is why I haven't written about it yet:

1. Two days after I got back, I went to Lake of the Ozarks with my friend Jen and our families. We had a great time. It was a huge change from what I had just experienced, though, and I was still 'processing'.
2. My children are not in school. Thus, much less time to post. Both of them can read now and I just want to keep this stuff to myself.
3. Swim Team and swimming pool every day that it isn't thunderstorming.
4. An awesome trip to Florida for Kate and Roger's wedding and other fun family activities with my parents and Annie, CT & Pete. And Katie & Watie & Simon & Eloise. Great things like deciding whether to go to the beach first or the pool or golfing or bike riding or reading or sleeping- well, you get the picture. It is worthy of a post all its own.
5. Another weekend trip to Minneapolis to visit our friends the Klepfers. We got to see the Twins play! Fun-filled, again.
6. I just haven't been feeling well. Nothing definite enough to go to the doctor about but fatigue and backaches.
7. And this is really the reason....
I just can't figure out how to make the story funny. I like to think I'm funny. But everything about New Orleans was not a laughing matter. What to do? What to do? I am completely out of my element. Maybe I'll just write it and sprinkle in a few of my daughters' knock-knock jokes.
My apologies to my loyal readers (all one of you). I WILL get this figured out!

3 comments:

pete. said...

Welcome back, Momster!
Hope you're feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Well, you have at least two loyal listeners.

And as far as humor goes, just throw in some random Caddyshack or Spinal Tap quotes here and there in the middle of your New Orleans story. They can't miss!

the meredoerr said...

sounds like you've been busy, but we've missed you!