
We were on vacation in Colorado this past week and I don't know how the topic came up, but CT, Pete, Jon and I started talking about those 'Time for Timer' public service announcements they used to have on Saturday mornings. So, after a little research, I've come up with the famous
'Hunk o' Cheese' ditty.
Here are the words if you'd like to sing along:
When I'm slow on the draw,
I need somethin' to chaw,
I hanker for a hunk o' cheese
When my 10 gallon hat
is feeling 5 gallons flat,
I've got somethin' planned which is
little cheese sandwiches
When my get up and go
has got up and went
I hanker for a chunk o' cheese
When I'm dancin' a hoedown
and my boots kinda slow down
or anytime I'm weak in the knees
I hanker for a hunka, a slab, a slice, a chunka,
I hanker for a hunka cheese
It's a snack that's a winner
and yet won't spoil my dinner,
I hanker for a hunk o' cheese!
9 comments:
AWESOME!
didn't someone say he was a clock-belly?
Uh, yeah, I thought he was a clock-belly. Why else would he be called 'Timer'?
I thought he was a clock belly too. Because why else would he be named timer? Maybe it was short for 'old timer', since he was a cowboy?
Anyway, I still get that damn song in my head once in a while!
He wasn't always a cowboy, though. If you look at the picture on the blog he's wearing a top hat and a bow tie and no boots.
what about, "I'm a YUCK MOUTH, 'cause I don't brush! How's about a little kiss?" i think that was the same campaign....so funny.
I DO remember Yuck Mouth!
Sadly, I did a search and the only stuff that came up was along the lines of pornography. Can anyone else find it out there?
I didn't remember Yuck Mouth, but I found a clip of it, so now I believe. This link also shows all the Time for Timer videos, and others from that era. Click here and go to the Yuck Mouth link.
Thanks, JJS!
It's a veritable treasure trove of Saturday morning PSAs!
Maybe Timer's parents named him "timer" in hopes he would grow up to be a clock.
How disappointed they must be!
Post a Comment