Friday, October 07, 2005

What the ...

Today I went to the laundromat. I wanted to wash all our comforters and they have these big commercial washers and dryers there that make the job easy. Next to the directions on how to use the dryer (i.e. place coin in slot / select temperature / press start) there was a notice that read: "Before adding clothing, please be sure dryer is free of children, pets, and other foreign objects."
What the....HELL!?!

4 comments:

pete. said...

Makes you wonder what lead to their
putting up the sign!

bladio said...

The use of the word "other" implies that whoever wrote this sign thinks of children as "foreign objects"!

Anonymous said...

THat's exactly what I thought! The weird thing is this was a sign that was obviously part of the dryer- it was not added by the owners of the laundromat.

Anonymous said...

I'm aware of some people who, in college, used to play a game called 'Dryer Spins'. The dryers in the laundromat downstairs of my friend's apartment were quite large, and the winner was anyone who could spin more than 25 times without:
(a) Gathering 2nd degree burns on or about the shoulders or
(b) Losing most of the beer that got them in there in the first place.

I don't, however, remember seeing any signs on the dryer that said 'Stay Out!'. Are drunk guys considered foreign objects?