Here is a little scam created by some 5th grade boys at my daughters' school. We recently had a fundraiser (see previous post for details). Here is the scam they came up with: When they sold their items, they charged sales tax. Their unwitting customers did not know that tax was not required. This resulted in the boys making a little personal profit for each sale they made.
Alas, their little scheme was foiled. Some of their customers had the audacity to write checks, thus alerting the money counters to the discrepancy. Now I just bet you would never have thought of this scheme as a fifth grader. I also bet you've never worked for Enron, either.
Monday, October 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh my gosh! those little boys are destined to be corporate lawyers or political fundraisers, i am sure. was there any punishment?
Their punishment was to return the money and apologize for what they did! I think a couple of the boys also had additional punishments but I don't know what they were.
Post a Comment