A new message from our friend Linda.
"Went back to Westroads today to ‘get back on the horse’, as they say. I sort of went in the same way I came out (an unusual route for me) and then walked around the mall. I went to The Afternoon, got my package that had been sitting on the counter since Wednesday and thanked the manager (who had not been there that afternoon) for the fine help and care of his employees and then spent way too much money there as a ‘thank you’.
I walked by both inside entrances of Von Maur and drove by the outside ones as I left. Whoever had the idea for the snowflakes was blessed. it was very effective. Some were quite beautiful. There were people there from the Red Cross, three of whom had ‘rescue dogs’ with them. I talked a while to a woman with a long haired dashound. She gave me a handout from the American Psychiatric Association, which was very predictable, but nice to read.
I went by The Body Shop to talk to the lady I sat next to at Penny’s, but she wasn’t there.
Glad I went back today with a purpose. Barb said this would hit me harder than I thought, and she was right. It’s not awful, just sort of scratching there in the background.
One of the suggestions in the handout was to limit the amount of news about the event you listen to or read. I’m going to cut back to just the paper and then try not to read very word.
Funny how so many had connections with those nine people. Ginny mentioned two and I had lunch today with two women whose UPS driver was married to the real estate agent. They were going to the wake tonight. We talked quite a bit about how you get attached to your UPS driver. They said his temporary replacement went around on Thursday to all his usual stops, went in and told the businesses that their driver wife had been one of the victims. Not a pleasant task."
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment