Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Damn Shower!

This afternoon was beautiful. It was about 65 degrees and sunny with a breeze. After the girls came home from school they helped me plant flowers and put the tomato plants in. We also planted morning glory seeds and parsley and basil. J intermittently would ride her bike down the side street. I could see her from the garden and every time she rode by she would yell "Hi, Mom!" and I would say hi back. She said this everytime she went by. It was so cute and she was having so much fun just flying down the street, her little legs going and her hair flying out from under her helmet.
Then I went inside to start dinner. I knew it was going to take a while because I still needed to defrost and heat some frozen spaghetti sauce. My great idea was that the girls could take a shower BEFORE dinner. Then it wouldn't matter if dinner was later than usual. So, I called out into the yard. "Hey, you two! It's time to put your stuff away and come in for a shower!" M said, "Come on J, it's time to go in!" J responds, "NO, NO, NO! I don't want to go in! I HATE taking showers! I HATE THEM, HATE THEM, HATE THEM! I am NOT taking a shower!"
"J, it's time to take a shower because dinner is going to be late.", says I. J responds, "But I'm not dirty!" (Actually, she was. She had her after school snack on her face and still had dirt on her hands and arms from planting.) Then I said, "Yes, you ARE dirty and you do need to take a shower." She then threw her helmet down on the ground and stormed in the house saying, "I am NOT taking a stupid shower! I am NOT taking a stupid DAMN SHOWER!"
It was all I could do not ot burst out laughing.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know where the hell she got that damn language from!

bladio said...

hahahaha!
what did you say????

Anonymous said...

She got sent to her room. An overall punishment for her behavior. We didn't want to react to the 'damn' because then she might try it again and again. However, M DID witness Jon and I trying not to laugh. The wise child did not comment at all.

pete. said...

Oh my gosh, funny!
I used to be terrified of showers. I didn't take one until second grade. Now a good portion of my day is spent trying to talk people into taking DAMN showers. Ugh.

bladio said...

no wonder you didn't have any friends as a child, pete. you were a stink-bomb! p.s. you have some dirt on your arm.

pete. said...

Hey! Naaht niiice!
BTW, I took lots of baths and smelled like roses. So there.

bladio said...

um, you still have dirt on your arm.

love,
blade

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad, Pete. I, too, have dirt on my arm!