My six year old crawled into bed with me this morning. After she sucks her thumb and fiddles with her blankie for a while, we have the following exchange:
Six Year Old: "Mom, would you still love me if I was an octopus?"
Mom: "Yes."
SYO: "Even if I was RED?"
M: "Yes."
SYO: "Even if I only had one eye?"
M: "Yes."
SYO: "Even if I had a mouth shaped like this (she makes an oval with her first finger and thumb) and only one tooth?"
M: "Yes."
SYO: "Why?"
M: "Because I would know it's you inside."
SYO: "Ok."
Thursday, December 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YOUR KID IS AWESOME
and so sweet!
This morning I had this exchange with my three year old--
3yo: I don't need a hat
me: yes, your ears will fall off it is freezing outside
3yo: no. I don't want to. I DON'T WANT TO. (screaming)
me (in a huff because of the rude way I have been spoken to): Simon, follow directions, 1...2...
3yo: YOU ARE NOT NICE! I DON'T WANT TOOOOOO!!!!!
and so he sat in the car for 40 minutes (every three minutes or so I asked him if he was ready to talk--or some other approach--each time this response was met with more screaming at me).
Needless to say, I needed the sweet loving story this morning. Thanks momster.
Yes, I know those kind of days. Her questions may have been prompted by the previous evening's betime shout fest that ended with me tucking her in and saying (with a scowl on my face), "I love you. I'm mad at you right now, but I love you. Good night!"
really? This is a relief, because your girls are so sweet, it gives me hope that he is not turning into a rude/stubborn little monster. I just want this to pass--it really has me down. :(
Lisa and Margo told me that 'the terrible twos' are also called that because they LAST two years! It DOES get better. :-)
Post a Comment