Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Looking for that Perfect Gift?

Don't know what to get your parents? Your in-laws? Need that perfect gift for the person who has everything? Go shopping at Heifer International. Read all about their projects and I think you'll agree that giving an animal in someone's honor is a most fun and thoughtful gift. Go shopping in their gift catalog and choose from an ark-type variety of helpful creatures!

Last year I had my daughters pick out several to give to their grandparents and aunts (and uncle-to-be). They pored over the selection for quite a while. When I came back to the computer and asked them what they decided, they said, "Mom, we decided on a pig and chickens because we like ham and eggs!" (Sorry all you vegetarians and vegans out there- we also got some trees.)

Last summer I had the oportunity to go to one of their educational facilities- the Heifer Ranch in Perryville, Arkansas. It was a wonderful experience. We got to see many of the animals (including a very slobbery camel) and we got to stay in the Global Village. The youth and the adults in our group had a great experience. I just can't say enough about this organization!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Watie and I received a goat from his Aunt Pat. This is a great gift idea.
kww