Thursday, March 08, 2007

Spring in a Box





The UPS guy dropped this cookie cutter set off at my door today. Yes, I ordered it. Three days after our blizzard. Yes, it is rather Marthy Stewarty. Yes, it is rather ambitious. No, it does not have anything to do with Jesus Christ's resurrection. But I fell in love with it because A) I want Spring to come so badly, and B) I love to make sugar cookies and these are 3D for pete's sake (Not YOU, Pete)! and C) Wouldn't they be a great centerpiece? And then when Easter dinner is over, you simply say..."and for dessert....the centerpiece!"

See what happens when you get 12 inches of snow and decide to clear out your catalog piles?

Wish me luck.

4 comments:

the meredoerr said...

So I swear I commented earlier, but it's not showing. Bummer.
Anyways, I think this looks like a very exciting project and I am anxiously awaiting pictures of the finished product!

bladio said...

Yum! i want some of these cookies! i loooooooooooove sugar cookies.

kww said...

May I say, I love it. I love the whole idea of it. So charming. So sweet. Btw, do you have a good recipe for the sugar cookie frosting? I get bogged down on that part and it can really make or break a sugar cookie. (for example I almost never buy frosted sugar cookies for that hard glaze).

watie said...

All I ereally want to say is "for Pete's sake" should be used for things are are for the sake of Pete.

I mean, that's what it has always meant, isn't it?