Yesterday I went to work in the afternoon. I left instructions that Jamie was supposed to clean her room while I was gone. When I got home Jon recapped their day, saying that the girls had played outside a lot but that Jamie had lost two privileges. Apparently she threw a fit when Jon told her she had to come inside to clean her room. This is what she said:
"I AM NOT CLEANING MY SHITTY ROOM!"
Fast forward to bedtime. "Jamie, we need to have a little talk about why you lost your privileges. Do you know why?"
"Yes, Mommy."
"Now, I understand why it's fun to try out new words, but that word you said is not a nice word. Do you remember the word I'm talking about?"
"Yes, but I don't want to say it."
"That's ok."
"I'll spell it........it's.......S......H.......................IT......"
"Yes, that's the one I'm talking about. It is not a nice word. If you said that word at school, you would get sent to the principal's office for sure."
"Ok, Mommy. I won't say it anymore."
"That's good, honey. It's just not a nice word, so we won't say it anymore. Can you tell me where you heard it?"
"Um."
"Honey, you can just tell me. You are not in trouble anymore. We are just talking about it."
"Well...."
"It's really ok. You will not get in trouble if you tell me."
"Um, it's from Spamalot."
O...........M...........G!!!!!!! WE ARE TERRIBLE PARENTS!!!!!
(For you Spamalot fans, the 'shitty' quote may be found in "You Won't Succeed on Broadway".)
Monday, September 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
OMG OMG!!!!!
Wow, that Jamie is funny! You guys are awesome parents and I am glad I get to hear how it all goes down here first. Watie and I still have some cuss words in our repetoire--WE better clean up our act!
So, did she clean up her room? What privilegdes does she lose?
Btw--we found our fondue pot, so we should plan a party. Simon really wants to see M&J. :)
She did clean up her room (with Jon's help).
They both have various privileges that can be lost like t.v., reading lamp at bedtime, dessert, etc...
I am calling you right now so we can get together!
what did you say after she said it was from spamalot? did you have to try not to laugh?
I tried really hard not to laugh. I was so surprised at her answer that I don't really remember what I said!
You were calling me?
I will call you in the a.m.
I am sorry I missed you!
Simon's privileges are tv and sweet dessert. We are always afraid he will have to lose a third thing, and we don't have a third thing.
Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment