Nope. We had a snow storm that day.
Is it that the grass is turning green?
No. Too easy.
Is it that we had our first tornado warning on Thursday?
No. Exciting, yes, but no.
Is it that tulips and crocuses (croci) are coming up?
No again.
Is it that your husband is thinking about buying a new lawn mower?
Close, but no cigar.
Is it a good strong thunderstorm that invites little girls into sleeping bags on our bedroom floor?
No, sorry, that's not it.
Is it that the days are getting longer and the birds are chirping louder?
Sorry, that's not what I'm looking for.
Is it that it's almost Easter?Wrong again.
Is it that we had grilled hamburgers for dinner last night?
No, but you are getting warmer.
Is it that we enjoyed our first refreshing Gin and Tonics of the season whilst sitting on the deck last night?
Ding, ding, ding. You are correct. THAT is the perfect sign of spring.
And I thank you for playing!
2 comments:
Not just gin and tonics, but Tanqueray and Tonics!!! And I agree, spring is now here!
Yum...
I have been drinking Diet Tonic water with Lime and trying to pretend it is the real thing. No such luck. I think a gin and tonic may spell "summer" for me...
Looking forward to sharing a few with you all in less than three months! YAY!
Post a Comment