The other day my friend and I went to the Farmer's Market downtown. It was a beautiful sunshiny day and we went to CuppaGino's (get it? ha ha) for a coffee. Then we sauntered around, coffee in hand, and perused the stands. The colors were wonderful- bright greens and reds and yellows and beautiful purple eggplants. Heirloom tomatoes. Fresh Herbs. Then there were the flowers! Fresh and fragrant.
I bought some organic green beans and eggplant and spring mix lettuce.
Then we saw the 'Enchilada Guy'! What's that, you say? Enchiladas at the Farmer's Market? Yes, indeed. And we knew they were good because my friend had gotten them the week before. They come already frozen and individually wrapped. 1 dozen for $20. A bargain considering they are huge.
Now they are stashed in my freezer for one of those days when I don't have time to fix dinner. It's a great feeling knowing they are waiting there for me to enjoy.
I love going to the Farmer's Market! All the fresh produce and happy people walking around and vendors being helpful and friendly and beautiful flowers. Next time I'm trying the tamales.
Tuesday, September 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yaay, Momster! This is awesome!
We have a farmer's market here but there are no enchiladas, just weird mushrooms and stuff. I think it's exciting that both you and Bladio Blogio posted about Mexican food today. I want some!!
MMM enchiladas! i'm hungry now. i like your blog!
Love the blog!
Just left the grand opening of WHOLE FOODS grocery a.k.a . WHOLE PAYCHECK here in Omaha. I never wanted to leave, but my daughter and dog would eventually miss me. There were shelves and shelves of healthy, preservative-free, hormone-free, whole grain foods! I don't recommend trying to feed an entire family from here...but it is perfect for a single gal like me. The free samples were delicious!
Oh my goodness! I just sold my WHOLE SOUL to that store. Completely wonderful PLUS I got a free tote bag!
I go there for lunch a lot. They have really good hot foods and deli things.
nothin beats a good tamale.
They sell tamales on our street corner, red or green. They are $0.40 each and they are seriously good! You might be surprised but the green ones are the SUPER spicy variety. My kid loves the red ones, sometimes we get them on his way to school (after his cold and hot breakfasts--that's right for his third breakfast of the morning!) I'm getting hungry right now thinking about it. I would go get one, but sadly I am heading north--to Wisconsin--but (hey!) they have cheese curds there so I will be allright!
Post a Comment